Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rotary...Rotary...Rotary


Getting involved with Rotary here in Argentina has been an amazing experience. I am currently working closely with my Rotary contacts back home and my host club counselor here in Argentina, who will soon be Club President, on finding ways for Rotary to become involved in the education rights campaign on which I am working. On Saturday, I will be presenting my proposal to my host Rotary District 4890 at their annual conference.


Besides this work with Rotary, I was invited to sing back in March for the Rotary Club La Lucila's Día de las Mujeres Cocktail. I sang one of my favorites, "Gracias a la Vida", and one of my own songs, "Charming You Are". It was a lot of fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy it...well at least no one left the room crying. ha ha.


Last Saturday all of the World Peace Fellows met with their host counselors for a hosted lunch by the scholarship coordinator, Hugo Zeyen. Attached is picture.


Thank you, Rotary, for this opportunity. I can only begin to understand the full impact that it will have on my life.

No comments: