Friday, July 17, 2009

Inspiration

I have received many kinds and inspiring words in response to my last blog post. In addition, writing my last blog post helped me to reflect on what I could do to change my approach and attitude towards the situation as opposed to the situation itself. Since this change in attitude, some positive things have occurred:



**We may have secured space for the program.

**I made contact with a woman who made a documentary about the program. She then in turn put me in contact with an organization that may want to fund us.

**I have taken a different approach to my communication with my work partners. Building on the wise words of my friend, Mary C., in Argentina, I am approaching the communication in terms of building a relationship and not searching for "results".



Anyhow, maybe this makes sense...maybe this doesn't. However, I do feel inspired and ready to be part of this multifaceted process that is carrying me along in Senegal.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on the progress!! We all miss and love you!

Leanne said...

YOU JANE....are VERY inspiring...Keep it up, you are amazing, I am so glad to see all the stuff you have posted, all the accomplishments you have made, and how determined you are...I cant say enough how proud I am of you...Love you!!

Leanne

Fanny Dumond said...

courage Jane, je suis avec toi !!!
soy contenta que utilises el frances !!! Y como te va ??

tu maestra de frances que extraña nuestras clases con te y medialunas...