Sunday, May 2, 2010

Workin' Life of Buenos Aires

It certainly has been a long time since I last wrote and LOTS has happened. Let's see...I made the decision to stay in Buenos Aires indefinitely because, well, love calls. Andrés and I are now happily moved into our new house with a huge balcony. We've got a cat and a stove now so I suppose you could say that I am sufficiently domestic for the time being. :-)

Andrés and I are busily working on the music. Our studio is each day closer to being ready to record its first album..yes...ours! Jane Kellum & Don Casalaspro's "Living" should be released by the end of the year. You can follow all of our musical on-goings:

MySpace: www.myspace.com/janekellummusic
Blogger: www.janekellumandcasalaspro.blogspot.com
Google Buzz: janekellummusic@gmail.com
Facebook: Jane Kellum & Don Casalaspro Fan Page
Twitter: janekcasalaspro

In my free time (ha ha), I have begun to work on a consultancy basis with an NGO called the Casa del Encuentro. It assists women in situations of violence and girls/women who have been trafficked into sex slavery. Besides case managing, I am working on writing a program development strategic plan and have two proposals in the works. It is very grassroots organization that does amazing work with these women/girls and their family and friends. This summer I"ll have another consultancy gig coordinating the Buenos Aires internship program for a small college in the U.S. My other work includes teaching language arts and social studies, math, science, and ESL to people of all ages ranging from 4th grade to adult. This piece-meal professional situation is both challenging and rewarding; while I spend sometimes up to four hours travelling in this huge city each day, I have the opportunity to understand better the life of professionals in Buenos Aires and the chance to be part of so many different projects.

I've started French once again in la Universidad de Buenos Aires and continue to practice yoga.

Uff...this is all keeps me busy just like I like it. :-)

No comments: