Monday, July 14, 2008

CANVAS Training & PJSA Conference in PDX



Yes..it's official. I am coming home to Portland on September 8 and I can't wait to see everyone!!!!!!! Although I will be, of course, spending lots of quality time with my loved ones, I will also be participating in a two-day Centre for Applied Non-Violence Action and Strategies (CANVAS) training as part of the Peace and Justice Studies Association annual conference. Back in March, I applied for one of only 30 slots in this training, which has not been offered in North America previosly. The CANVAS approach was successfully applied in South Africa, Ukraine, and Serbia. You can learn more at http://www.canvasopedia.org/. It is an honor and an exciting opportunity to be able to participate in the training.




Can't wait to see you in September.


By the way, the picture is of statue with a beautiful sunset backdrop in the Centro Cultural de Recoleta. I went to a festival there the other day and took this picture. I thought that the posting was too dull without some sort of image. :-)

No comments: