Monday, May 26, 2008

Acting Away...







Here are some photos of the work that my roomie, Fernando, does. He is an actor and my connection the artist world of Buenos Aires. One of the shows is about General José de San Martin, the Argentine "libertador" from Spanish rule. He is the one playing San Martín and, thus, wearing the general uniform. It is a children's play that he performs in elementary schools throughout the country.


The other is a called Un Guapo de 900 that is a play about a man of his word in the early 1900s in Argentina. You can't really see my roommate in the pictures that I have for this one b/c I was sitting so far away. It was very unique in that they staged the play each showing in a different street corner in Buenos Aires or other cities in Argetina and incorporated actors from those neighborhoods.

1 comment:

robert d said...

Jane! I've been catching up on some of your blog. How exciting! And, what's going on with this male "roommate"?