Monday, May 26, 2008

Gol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










Well, it finally happened...I went to my first professional soccer game in Argentina yesterday and it was awesome!!! I went to the Velez vs. Boca match at the Velez stadium. They tied 1-1. Boca is one of the two huge soccer clubs in Buenos Aires and is playing currently the Copa Libertadores, which is for all of Latin America. Velez, on the other hand, is a smaller non-profit professional club that does a lot of outreach to the community.That's my kind of team. ;-) Here are some photos of me on my way to becoming an official "hincha" (that's "fan" in Argentine speak) of Velez. Although...I don't think that I will be a true fan until I learn the chant that went something like...yes, yes...we have to beat those SOBs...hmmm...something to practice in between writing term papers... ha ha.









Gustavo, friend and fellow Velez Fan.





Dale dale Velez dale Velez dale...

No comments: