Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's really going on here?


After two weeks in Argentina, I have begun to ask myself this question..."what's really going on here". Being in a large metropolis where I feel very comfortable, thus far, makes seeing what lies below the surface that much harder. Each day I try to stay very conscious of my surroundings, which has allowed me to capture great images that are written everywhere on walls, in the subway, on the bottom of public telephone booths. There are lots of people wanting to get a lot of messages out. Everyday I snap a picture of some curious message written someplace. Most I understand and some I don't know what they are getting at. The good news is that I notice them. Both random Argentines and my classmates alike look at me strangely and sometimes ask, "how did you see that". I think to myself, "how could I not have seen it?" ha It is interesting how easily we shut our eyes to what becomes ubiquitous. But, in the ubiquity there is a heck of a lot of diversity and some pretty good messages. Anyhow, it is 1:30 a.m. in the morning and I may be delirious. Enjoy the shots. See below the blog postings for the photos. P.S. Picture says: My life has value, my body doesn't have a price.

Night...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Jane. It is so great to be able to keep up on what you are doing through this blog. I love it. Keep the news coming. We miss you. maggie

Jane K said...

I miss everyone too! A lot! Glad that you like the blog.

Love,

Jane

jdt said...

Hey Jane! Dylan maintained a blog about sidewalk graffiti for years, it is still up. http://paintedground.blogspot.com/

Collect your pictures, people do want to see the messages, however strange they seem.

thanks for the blog, I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane,

You are exciting! I love the stores and those words- "My life has value, my body doesn't have a price." Oh, how so many folk could benefit from following this message. Well, changing the subject, I resigned from SEI.

I miss you
Gloria J. Fluker